Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 22 November 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching Reports

I’m finally back to stitching on La Passacaglia again. I’ve been stalled on this one for the last couple of weeks, mostly because of so many other things demanding my attention. But today I picked it back up again. First I stitched on the green rosette with blue stars on the bottom right. And then I started the very long process that is going to be the sewing of white filler pieces around the whole thing. I’ve started on the right hand side of the bottom section. Once all the white filler pieces are on, I’ll sew the three sections that it’s currently in together, and then stitch the whole thing down onto a white border. Still lots of hours left on this project. But it’s getting much closer to a finish. I really want to get this finished, because there are hexagon projects that I want to do. We had a workshop at the guild a little over a week ago, taught by Karen from Faeries and Fibres. I blogged about it here on the guild’s blog. It was a fabulous workshop, one of the best I’ve ever attended, and I’m itching to get at working on the project. But I know for certain that if I start working on that, then this project will quickly turn into a UFO, and I don’t want that. So my hexagon pieces will remain in their container until this is done.

As far as stash usage goes, there was a little bit out for the Disappearing Four Patch swap that I’m doing with Jannette, and the white that was cut for the filler pieces. Nothing new in, which is good news, even if it isn’t very much fun.

Used this week:                                   1.4 yards
Used this year:                                  81.5 yards
Added this week:                                   0 yards
Added this year:                                110.7 yards
Net stash added:                                    29.2 yards

I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and Judy’s Stash Report. And then I’m going back to watching Pride and Prejudice, the Colin Firth version, and stitching on more white filler pieces.



4 comments:

  1. I should do a stash report....maybe next week. Your monster will soon be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely. You are wise to finish it before starting something new. Maybe you picked up some tips At the EPP workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment! I had fun teaching the workshop. Your La Passacaglia quilt is absolutely gorgeous. It is going to be a real treasure when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I have just finished reading all your posts on this impressive project...and it is IMPRESSIVE!!! Absolutely love this....Spectacular work

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.