Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 3 August 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching on Monday

I was having so  much fun, and was getting so much stitching done yesterday, that I didn't have time to write about it. I have four more stars for the centres done. 
There are four more outer pentagon rounds done. Here they are, paired up with the centres I think each will have, plus two more centres that need rings to go with them.

And earlier this week, I finished three more of the small rosettes. And here's everything pinned up to the design wall. I'm not sure if this is their final placement or not. I have to start making some decisions about outer star point colours for these rosettes, which means deciding where they are going to be in the final placement and that is getting hard to do.
None of these rosettes are finished, which means I can't subtract them from the stash used column yet.  And I haven't been working on anything else that I can subtract yet, either. However, I had 9 more yards of fabric come in this past week.

Used this week:                         0 yards
Used this year:                         48.9 yards
Added this week:                      9 yards
Added this year:                      75.75 yards
Net stash added:                       26.85 yards

I'm going to link up to my usual places, Judy's Fabric Report, and since it's Monday, Judy's Design Wall Monday, Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and Angie's WIPs Be Gone.
I've made a decision about the outer star points on one of the rosettes, so I think I'll go get started on that now.








7 comments:

  1. It's just now getting hard???!? It's been hard for me all along and I'm just watching! LOL
    It's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy - spectacular. As to stash, if I took it out of the stash and it's used, it's counted. I'm not keep track of finished - just used because I want to see that stash diminish. I'm so enjoying watching yours and learning how colors go together. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cathy,
    such a great progress, wonderful, just too sad you are not getting to subtract. I would say you deserve it.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so pretty. Those in the second and third pictures put me in mind of dinner plates! I really must order Willyne's books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...just wow!!! This is magnificent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!! Are you following a pattern? If so, what is it called? Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.