Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 7 August 2015

Christine's Garden Sampler

This is the third of Christine's quilts, a garden themed sampler. It looks rather Thimbleberry to me, but I'm not sure if that is the pattern source or not. With sampler quilts, it's always a hard choice to make between custom quilting every element in the quilt, or to do an all over design to tie it together. In this case, we decided on an over all large free hand swirl. The centre house, instead of receiving swirls, was outlined and stitched in the ditch, just to set it apart from the rest of the quilt.





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts Christine, and fabulous quilting Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy quilt. Love the free hand swirls.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.