Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Leslie's Jelly Roll Quilt


I was really struck by the wonderful simplicity of this quilt. It is sure proof that a quilt does not need to be full of complex designs, or hundreds of pieces in order to be beautiful. Some 2 1/2 inch strips and some white background fabric were all this quilt took. I love the way the white strips in between the others are narrower. It gave it just a touch of asymmetry. The fabrics in this quilt chose the quilting design- straight lines and then a wavy figure eight type of motif. There is actually a fabric in this quilt with that figure eight as a design element. This was a fun quilt to do.

1 comment:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.