Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report, week 15, 2015

So, the organizing started yesterday continues. But I’ve taken a brief rest from making a mess in order to clean up… why does it always make a mess to clean up, by the way? During this little break I decided to work on La Passacaglia for a little while.


I’ve started sewing on some blue stars onto that dark on on the right hand side. But the longer I look at it, the more I don’t like that particular rosette. It’s too dark, and not like anything else in the piece. So, I think I’m going to take off the blue stars that I sewed on in hopes of lightening it up some, and put something else there.











In the meantime, there’s been a little movement out of the stash.







Used this week:                       1.1 yards
Used this year:                       29.9 yards
Added this week:                     0 yards
Added this year:                  32.5 yards
Net stash added:                    2.6 yards
There is an unintended down side to doing all this little bitty pieces in hand sewing… it takes forever to get any size used numbers. Oh well… I’m continuing to have fun, even if I do have to do a little bit of unsewing. I can use the blue stars on another piece, so it isn’t a total loss.In fact, I like the way the blue looks on the rosette right beside that awful dark one, so maybe I’ll use them there.
I’m linking up to Judy’s Stash Report, to Slow Sunday Stitching and to WIPs Be Gone.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. were can I find this pattern I think its tooooo neat .really

    ReplyDelete
  3. Close up it is beautiful, but far away that block on the right does draw attention to itself by being so dark. This is just so gorgeous that I can't stop looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more a drawer of attention than many other parts - the blue was a perfect choice. I've made it my background on my computer to have time to study it. It's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a bit absent from reading blogs lately. You are really making progress with this! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been a bit absent from reading blogs lately. You are really making progress with this! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! The fussy cutting is outstanding and I like the balance with plain and patterned fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.