Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Lorraine's String Triangles

Ok, it's time to get back to documenting customer quilts again. I believe I have five left from 2014 to write about, and then I'll be all caught up and ready to document the ones I do this year as they are returned to their owners.
This particular quilt belongs to Lorraine. It is filled with all kinds of fun and bright fabrics, string pieced into triangles. She asked for large pebbles or bubbles in the white triangles. I then did a continuous curve and a fleur de lis type design in the string triangles.
I'm not sure if the flour de lis shows up better in this close up picture, or not. I stitched in the ditch around the centre of the quilt, and then used the piecing in the border as a guide for spacing the straight line quilting for the border. What a fun quilt!

3 comments:

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.