Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 15 September 2014

Design Wall Monday, Sept. 15, 2014

I'm continuing on my quest to finish UFO's this year. A couple of years ago, our guild did a nine patch swap, and a mystery quilt using the nine patches. I didn't make the mystery quilt, because I already had one made from that design........ I was the designer, which was very exciting, and also very scary!! So, I have quite a few nine patches to use up. On Saturday, during the fun times at Gail's, I started making up some Underground Railway blocks.
The eventual plan is to put it together similar to this quilt here. These blocks are pretty big, finishing at 13 1/2 inches. I'm not exactly sure just yet, how many of these blocks I'll be making, but I do know it won't come even close to using up this large bag of nine patches I have sitting here.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday. There is a really great The Nature of Things program on right now, all about Canada's wild spaces and wildlife. So, after linking up, I'm going to set up my machine, sew some more railroad blocks, and watch this fascinating program.

5 comments:

  1. So simple and yet stunning. I think I love the simplicity of simple blocks the best. Love the colors in this quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great design for using up 9-patches. Thanks for sharing. I like your colors much better than the one you referenced. Your's are more striking and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a broken record...but I think 9-patch blocks are my favorite quilt block! It pairs so nicely with so many other blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design! And a great way to use up those nine patches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout your are using. The blue HST's just make this design. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.