Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 17 April 2014

Customer Quilts 2014

I'm sitting here at my computer with my second cup of coffee. That means I have some clarity of thought. Enough to have decided that I really have to come up with a way not to procrastinate things I want to write about here. It seems that, once I am up and truly moving, after finishing said second cup of coffee, I get so busy that, although I think about sitting down to write, I don't actually do it. So, I'm going to try and do some posts at this time of day, and see what happens. The other thing that's been going on preventing posting to the blog has been atrocious internet service lately. It takes forever to load stuff, or the signal is dropped right in the middle of what we are trying to do. Uploading pictures takes what seems like forever. DSIL is going to call the provider and see if they can't come up with a solution for fixing the high speed internet that isn't high speed by anyone's definition of the word. There, that's my complaint for the day.

 This is one of Charlene's quilts. It's an Edyta Sitar pattern from one of her books, although I don't know which one. I love the colours and fabrics Charlene chose for this quilt. The floral is lovely, and the greys work beautifully to highlight all the colours in the baskets. The greys she used in the basket blocks makes them look like they are casting a shadow, and give the piece a lot of depth.
 The top part of the baskets got continuous curves, and the baskets themselves got a curvy cross hatch to give the impression of a woven basket. The grey background setting areas got a swirly type feather. I love doing feathers of all shapes and descriptions.

The swirls continued out into the narrow red border. I couldn't get a picture to show up the quilting in the floral border or the floral setting triangles, but it was more of the swirly type feathers. This was a fun quilt to do, from start to finish. Thanks Charlene.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful baskets and border fabric!!and beautiful quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! So fun to see what you are up to! Keep blogging - we like to see your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of grey, but, that shade really sets those baskets off nicely. The quilting you did is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work Kathy! I love all kinds of feathers too!! I love watching them 'appear' as I'm quilting them.
    Good luck with the internet speed and regular posting...I can't seem to get back into a groove with posting myself anymore. :)
    Easter Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful quilt, and I love the quilting too - especially those little swirly feathers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.